Sunday, August 24, 2008

Going to Beijing

I will be leaving for Beijing on August 29th. I will be working with the US Delegation as a Athlete Service Coordinator. My position has many responsibilities but basically I will be there to make sure the athletes can concentrate on their sport and not worry about all the other 'activities' going on throughout the Athlete Village and Beijing. The 'Games' are a different event than any other competition most athletes have experienced. You wouldn't normally be living among athletes of all sports, nor would you have lavish ceremonies that can take your attention away from your ultimate goal. I've never worked as an Athlete Service Coordinator so it will be a learning experience for me as well. I'll be posting my pictures and short stories on this blog. Feel free to check in and see what's going on with me in Beijing.

Mary

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mary,

Glad you will be in charge of the athletes, it's a perfect position for you. I was asked to participate as an athlete coordinator as well, but in fear of leading track athletes to the swimming pool, I thought it best to leave it to the people who lead best, that would be you. Thanks for all the direction on the ski team! Good luck, have fun, and I'll be watching. Good Luck to our summer Paralympians, especially, Alison Jones our favorite little ski-biker.

Love Sarah

Anonymous said...

Hey Mary, Can't wait to see some pictures!

steven

Mary Riddell said...

Hey Sarah,
You would have been great here with me. As you would probably expect I have taken the bull by the horns and have this place into tip top organzied shape, haha. Hopefully I'm going to watch Allison Jones race on the 8th and 10th. Have you been getting my pictures? I'll check my email list. If not email me at mountaingirl_11@yahoo.com,
Cest la vie, Mary